The origins of our Club date back to 1904 when a number of public-spirited gentlemen negotiated with local landowner Sir Thomas Burnett to acquire a 19-year lease to develop the 73 acres of Kineskie Farm. Its farm buildings occupied the site of the existing Clubhouse, and the original round house mill is now being used as the Club’s Professional shop.

At that time nine holes were available for play, but in 1905 an 18-hole course was designed by Archie Simpson of Royal Aberdeen GC, twice runner-up in the Open Championship. It opened for play on 1st July, and the members enjoyed playing on new, quality turf that was sourced from the nearby Crathes Estate.